Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small fireball tonight 26/11/2013

Options
  • 26-11-2013 10:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭

Anybody see the small fireball that fell between 8:50pm and 8:55pm approx directly to the south?

I saw it in Kilkenny. It only lasted about 5 seconds but initially looked like a small orange light moving down, then flared up into a bright luminous green ball with a lovely tail of sparks falling from it.

The green colour was really striking. Looked almost like a firework.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Aestivalis

I guess it wasnt huge enough to warrant noting? :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Seen nothing but clouds over the last few days :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

I saw an interesting meteorite a few days ago. In phibsboro, it was to the south and falling away from my direction. There was a bit of colour, and it was nice. I wouldn't have described it as lasting 5seconds though Maybe just 1 second. I felt lucky because it was cloudy and I saw it through a gap in the clouds.

Advertisement