Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting Central heating power flusher

Options
  • 26-11-2013 8:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭

Quick question, can a power flusher be rented out? I want to flush a CH system out

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

martineire wrote: »
    Quick question, can a power flusher be rented out? I want to flush a CH system out
    Dromad hire in Dundalk are renting them check their website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

martineire wrote: »

Just be careful with it. You should know what you are doing, especially if you have a gas boiler on the system. It's not a matter of connect it & away it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Sparkpea

I agree with shane0007, its not as simple as some people think and you really need to know about heating systems to get the best out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭martineire

I am a qualified plumber but I have never used one in the past but hopefully ill figure it out as I go along. I'm from kilkenny tho so ill have to locate one closer to home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Sparkpea

if you can find out which one you will be hiring try find the manual online and give it a good read before hand to save u some time on the day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

You will also need to know what chemicals to use i.e. DS40, F3 or F5

JohnnieK wrote: »
    You will also need to know what chemicals to use i.e. DS40, F3 or F5
    Don't worry I'll be doing my research before I undertaken the work to sure the power flush will be done correctly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

When are you thinking of doing the flush?

Within the next couple of weeks there's no panic on it.

Advertisement