Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing hard drive (Dell)

Options
  • 26-11-2013 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭

I had a Dell Inspiron 910 mini laptop a few years ago that the hard drive crashed in and when I brought it to be fixed I was told it would be too expensive to replace the hard drive and was recommended to buy a new laptop instead.

I've just found this laptop in the attack and wondering if anyone knows how much it would cost to get a new hard drive for it and would it be possible to install it myself?

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

You can change it yourself.

The laptop uses a mini PCI-E SSD.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭DaveR1000

from wikipedia

SSD The Mini 9 uses a very special SSD drive. It is a 50mm solid state module (MO-300A) with mini PCIe interface. It uses IDE/PATA signal, so replacing it with a module with SATA signal won't work, although it will fit in the socket.

Have a look on ebay - search for dell 910 ssd 40 -50 quid mark

Advertisement