Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gumtree/Can i text?

Options
  • 26-11-2013 5:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭

I emailed a seller about tickets I wanted a week or so ago, he didnt reply.

I emailed gumtree and they just suggested I send a follow up email which I did, unfortunately I got no reply either.

The gig is in about 2 weeks.

His number is posted beside his advertisement, Would it be inappropriate to text?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I'd have no problem texting. Some people still do not really use the internet, he might have asked a friend to post it up for him. Some just do not like typing or texting either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭AlabamaWorley

Thanks for the reply, I text him and got a reply.

Unfortunately he's based in Kilkenny whereas I'm in Dublin.

How would I go about getting these tickets, if it's even possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Tickets are a risky buy at the best of times. In the past I have sent money onto guys in advance, but only when I was sure they had a reputation, this would have been on adverts.ie or back when boards.ie allowed selling. I could see he had a history built up that they would not want to ruin over €40. I have had people similarly trust me like that.

Some would pay via paypal to have some comeback. Some might put up a ebay buy it now auction.

I have had people transfer money to my bank account and vice versa, nobody can really do anything with you details but pay into your account, so you at least have the persons name -a scamster would probably disagree to doing this.

There might also be cash on delivery services, I once had a motorbike courier bring me an envelope of money and gave him tickets. This was not official COD, I think he gave me money anyway, might have been transferred beforehand.

Advertisement