Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help identifying nest

Options
  • 26-11-2013 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi.
    Can anyone identify this. Probably a wasps nest but the texture seemed a bit off.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

That's not exactly something I myself would like to poke or prod to find out. Looks like some kinda spider nest though.

Is that in your own attic?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Ken_Is_Here

kerry4sam wrote: »
    That's not exactly something I myself would like to poke or prod to find out. Looks like some kinda spider nest though.

Yes it is my own attic. I'm not moved in long so just discovered it.

I may go in close for a better pic tomorrow.

I sent the pic a pest control and they reckon it might be wasps but wouldn't commit.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

kerry4sam wrote: »

Would hate to bump into the spider that made that!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Looks to me like
    1. A type of fungus caused by moisture.
    2. A big ass spider

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

That is fairly big alright. Can you get a closer look and picture of it? I would be thinking it is a wasp nest more than a spider nest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Wasp nest. Have look on Google Images for 'wasp nest attic'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

Lister1 wrote: »
    Would hate to bump into the spider that made that!

Oh oh! The op last posted on the 26th that he was going to get a closer picture of it. No one has heard from him since.........

Advertisement