Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 10

Options
  • 26-11-2013 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭

Just picked up a 32GB Google Nexus 10 and I have to say its a quality piece of kit. The native screen of 2560x1600 is stunning to say the least and the front facing speakers do the job nicely.

However I am having a little trouble taking movies of the PC and playing them on the unit for the kits. I am getting either perfect picture no sound or vice versa. Any app out there that will convert the likes of VLC .mki files and .wmv files to .avi etc.

Any help greatly appreciated. ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

Do you have the VLC app downloaded?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,849 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

MX Player or VLC for android will play most files I find.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭Ionised

I have found BS player better than either mx or vlc. Has played every file I have thrown at it and plays over my network flawlessly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I have VLC on PC and its perfect but on the nexus its breaking my heart.

I will try the BS player, is it short for something?

Thanx for the input lads

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I have VLC on PC and its perfect but on the nexus its breaking my heart.

I will try the BS player, is it short for something?

Thanx for the input lads

No idea what it stands for.. Search bsplayer on Play Store

• Advertisement

Ionised wrote: »
    No idea what it stands for.. Search bsplayer on Play Store

Are you using the free version or did you get the pro?

Are you using the free version or did you get the pro?

Still using the free version but will be paying for the pro version now I've tested it on all my devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭garroff

Any idea as to how I can get Flash Player to work on Nexus 10?

garroff wrote: »
    Any idea as to how I can get Flash Player to work on Nexus 10?

Think there is a thread on xda-developers about it. Of memory serves you use Boat Browser and a download a specific version of Flash from Adobe. Not close to my pc to check but a search on xda-developers should find it easily enough.

All I need now is a good case they are like chickens teeth on the ground over here!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

However I am having a little trouble taking movies of the PC and playing them on the unit for the kits. I am getting either perfect picture no sound or vice versa. Any app out there that will convert the likes of VLC .mki files and .wmv files to .avi etc.
    I have this issue with some files using MX Player. The solution I found was to switch between "hardware" and "software" decoding - you can access these functions from the icons along the top title bar. So H/W decoding for audio often didn't work for .mkv files but switching to S/W decoding made it perfect. Ditto for some .mp4 files.

ixoy wrote: »
    I have this issue with some files using MX Player. The solution I found was to switch between "hardware" and "software" decoding - you can access these functions from the icons along the top title bar. So H/W decoding for audio often didn't work for .mkv files but switching to S/W decoding made it perfect. Ditto for some .mp4 files.

Exactly why I changed to BS Player. MX used to drive me mad with issues like this.
    Of course, only my experience.

Cheers for that. I will have a look at it to tomorrow.

Jaysus lads I know the Nex. 10 is not sold over here but a decent case is NO WHERE to be found. Even online the choice is not great.......terrible altogether.

Have a look at the POETIC cases

• Subscribers Posts: 32,849 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Jaysus lads I know the Nex. 10 is not sold over here but a decent case is NO WHERE to be found. Even online the choice is not great.......terrible altogether.

What type are you looking for? I have this one and it does what I need it to do. Not heavy duty, but I don't intend dropping it ever.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00A3BZ7F4/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

5starpool wrote: »
    What type are you looking for? I have this one and it does what I need it to do. Not heavy duty, but I don't intend dropping it ever.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00A3BZ7F4/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I like the look of 2 of the Poetic cases, but that one you have will do the job too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

I like the look of 2 of the Poetic cases, but that one you have will do the job too.

To be honest, all my poetic one has done is mark each corner of the tablet and part of it broke a couple of days after getting it. It's fine for travelling but the rest of the time I use one of the minisuit gel covers. Was about €10 delivered from Amazon and with a decent screen protector it's excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Odd,I use the poetic slim line range on everything (n4, n7, n10 and iphone) for the last 18 months and have had no problems at all.

Ordered the Luvtab for the nexus 10 so we see how we get on with that....thanx for all the suggestions lads.

If you have any handy tips and tricks and good apps let me know.

• Advertisement

If you figure out how to get Flash Player working on your Nexus let me know. I downloaded the archive version of Flash player from the Adobe site but still can't get it to work.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Cheers for that. I will have a look at it to tomorrow.
    Did this work for you?

garroff wrote: »
    If you figure out how to get Flash Player working on your Nexus let me know. I downloaded the archive version of Flash player from the Adobe site but still can't get it to work.

Check out this article. Might help.
    http://www.xda-developers.com/android/get-back-the-aosp-browser-without-root/

Did this work for you?

I have to put a few high def films on to check out the B.S player, have to say its quite good for the one or two films I looked at.

Looking to buy a couple of good games for the Nex 10, anyone got any recommendations? Alot of the stuff is brutal and I dont want to be spending money in the play store on crap and most of the free games are well....meh.

I continue to be addicted to Hill Climb Racing and it looks great on the 10 !

Also free !

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dakid

Hi, I am thinking of buying a Nexus 10. Would people who have this still recommend it even though it is a year old? I have also heard there are some issues with it such as light bleed?

dakid wrote: »
    Hi, I am thinking of buying a Nexus 10. Would people who have this still recommend it even though it is a year old? I have also heard there are some issues with it such as light bleed?

Only had mine a month and I would reccomend it without hesitation. No issues with light bleed on mine, and although I have read of a few with that problem they appear to be the minority...certainly no more reports than most other devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Looking to get one as a Christmas present as well. Is this a good price? Had a look on ebay and there doesn't seem to be any new ones in UK&Ireland available at all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭micks_address

ill sell you mine for 325 euro :) i have an add on adverts... great device.. just my wife is addicted to apples...

Advertisement