Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water pump issues

Options
  • 26-11-2013 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi,

i installed a water pump and all seemed to be going ok.
    water going out fine through both ends and no leaking.
    the cold seemed to have more pressure but didnt think anything of it.

a few days went by and i went to have shower (i had showered before, in my electric shower, i'm not a dirty b*&tard! :-)
    so in the shower, when i turn on the hot tap it takes a while and then eventually hot water comes out but when i turn on the cold tap a bit its only cold.
    its like cold is over powering the hot and blocking the hot water.

any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 colm L

also as far as i can tell the hot water is still being used as the tank gets cold after a few minutes and i've no hot water left

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

Sounds like you left the shower running too long, or you connected the pump backwards.

the tank was full of hot water, after running for a few minutes it should not use all the water, especially when i cant get any of it from the shower
    pretty sure pump is not connected backwards (not according to labels anyway) .

my current thinking is there is some sort of hot water over flow that may be taking the hot water

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭KK4SAM

Is it a closed system, if not are you sure you are not pitching to you cold tank in the attic ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

That make sense, you're probably pumping towards the expansion pipe.

• Advertisement

thats my current thinking, im not gonna get to check it for a few days, i will let you know.
    if it is i will have to split the output from the tank to the pump and to the expansion pipe and hopefully that will resolve.
    thanks

Advertisement