Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another "Can You Recommend.." Thread

Options
  • 26-11-2013 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭

Sorry for beginning yet another thread asking for a laptop recommendation, but I am hopeless!

I'm in my fourth year of college and my Acer Aspire (5738Z) is on it's very last legs, and can't handle what I need it to anymore. I need to invest in a new, decent laptop that will be able to last me through whats left of college, and then take me into the working world.

I use a lot of AutoCAD, Revit, Robot, etc. so the new laptop needs to be able to handle these programs with ease. My little Acer is hopeless for these!

I'd prefer the laptop to be of a sleeker design, but this isn't a necessity! It's just for the sake of my back, as I shall be bringing it all over the place with me.

So, can anyone recommend me something from the above criteria? I have to admit, though I'm good at using computers, I haven't a clue about what goes on inside them. I don't really understand about graphics cards or RAM capacity and so on, so a recommendation of specific makes or models that would be good, or to stay away from would be great!

Obviously, the cheaper the better. However, my budget can stretch to ~€800 for a really really good laptop that will last me a good few years.

Thank you in advance for any recommendations!

Advertisement