Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jeans and an Awkward Shape

Options
  • 26-11-2013 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

Finding a comfortable pair of jeans for me is a nightmare.

I find jean shopping hugely demoralizing so could use a few suggestions of where a good boot cut may be found for thick thighed, large hipped (40-42''), small waisted (27-28'') lady - I'm hoping not to go over €50 but for the perfect pair I will splurge (on multiples).

Small waist, large hips and big thighs mean anything that goes over the bum leaves inches of space at the waist band. Also stretchy jeans always distort and end up resting very low on the hips causing pinching and a very low crotch.

8 years ago H&M had a good style for me but it is gone, 4 years ago Awear was the same but that style is gone too. I am now in need of jeans again and I have no idea where to start.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 602 ✭✭✭hotbabe1992

It must be very frustrating they should cater for all types of shapes of women.

There are jeans for big bums mostly american brands and im not sure they are in ireland, there are applebottom jeans,sir max a lots baby got back,and salsa(which are in ireland in a lot of shops).

Salsa are the only ones in ireland i think,i never seen apple bottoms or sir max a lots baby got back anywhere..

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭genie_us

I have similar hip issues and I find that New Look jeans work for me.
    M&S also good for large hips but sometimes they don't have ones there that aren't too 'old' looking..!

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Dortilolma

Salsa are the only ones in ireland i think,i never seen apple bottoms or sir max a lots baby got back anywhere..

I remember Salsa - I never really considered the Jeans there they always seemed too small.

Do you have links for the other stores?

I will also be hitting M&S soon for jeans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

I too have a 28" waist and 37" hips, a classic pear shape. Salsa jeans are perfect, nice soft denim and I don't need a belt to keep them up. I actually prefer a straight cut as I found the boot-cut made me look slightly more dumpy. They're €100 in House of Fraser in Dundrum, but I got them for €80 when they had a 20% sale on.

M&S Eva body shape jeans are cheaper but go a size down as they will bag after a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Dortilolma

Thanks NamelessPhil! Just the suggestions I was hoping for!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

Would you consider having taken waste taken in? I seem easier than finding the perfect fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Geomy

Im a firm believer that 7 for all mankind make the best fitting bootcut jeans for women. ..

Especially the style with the crease down the middle. ..

I'd notice a pair of 7 jeans on a woman from a good 100 yards away. ...

And those jeans will make any woman look good big or small, I love women lol

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

Good old tesco have Lift, Sculpt and Slim jeans which I have found great - they did not have them for ages but managed to get them today in my size (6). I have a tiny waist but would be hour glass shape and they fit me perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 andariel

The problem with buying jeans from places like New Look/H&M is that they are not made to last. They stretch and lose their shape easily since they are mass produced. If you can splurge I would suggest going into BTs and asking a sales assistant to help you with finding the perfect pair to suit your shape. They're very good for that in there! True Religion jeans are great for their bootcuts and fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭sillysocks

I'm the same with regards to small waist and big hips. This week I bought 2 pairs of jeans in Next that are fitting great. They're the high waisted jeans, think they call them 'sexy high waist'. One pair was around 60 and one around 35. I find the high waist great cause other jeans often dig in around my hips, and I pretty much always would have tops on that come down well past the waist so no one would really see where the top of the jeans ends.

• Advertisement
Advertisement