Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CPD - How do you do yours?

Options
  • 26-11-2013 2:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

With PHECC getting this whole CPD thing running this month I'm wondering how best to compile everything.
    What software to use so that its easy to not only store the information but also to find and retrieve it based on certain search terms i.e. find all trauma case studies, etc.
    Also which one will be best for submitting.

Up till now I've had a couple of different excel spreadsheets.. but I think it could be better.

Any ideas? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭19hz

iceage wrote: »

How do you find it?
    Go for the basic one or the standard one?..
    Does it let you upload audio, video, pdfs?

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭truebluesac

The new EMT version is called CPC . The upgrade from one set of CPG's to the next is called CPD.

There are no pre required format . Once its listed and recorded. Documetation is key and do it as you go as its very hard to remember retrospectivly

Christ I'd hate to go for a pint with the two of ye... I thought this was a chat forum...
    *grabs coat and leaves room full of robots...

Hark at her! At work mate, things to do and all that jazz. I've only recently looked into this myself, so I'm going with the responder level, ie the basic one.

• Advertisement

We on for a pint so Iceage?.. ;) haha

I've just checked my own files, all on a spreadsheet. It seems to work well for me so far.

19hz wrote: »
    Christ I'd hate to go for a pint with the two of ye... I thought this was a chat forum...
    *grabs coat and leaves room full of robots...

Is there bad information in what I said ? No . The differance between the 2 and the processes if not carried out properly or misunderstanding each separate term can result in the loss of a EMT licence .

The more complicated you try make it the harder you make it for yourself . PHECC will want an easy read almost list type so they can ensure your ticking all the boxes . Coming from a TUTORS point of view . Use the KISS principle (keep it simple stupid ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Hard copy - ring binder with certs and stuff.

Is there bad information in what I said ? No . The differance between the 2 and the processes if not carried out properly or misunderstanding each separate term can result in the loss of a EMT licence .

The more complicated you try make it the harder you make it for yourself . PHECC will want an easy read almost list type so they can ensure your ticking all the boxes . Coming from a TUTORS point of view . Use the KISS principle (keep it simple stupid ;-)

Never eluded to making it anything but simple... but as its such a long term thing I'd rather start it right instead of changing formats a couple of years in..

• Advertisement

Do it in a word and xcel format . Keep both a hard and a soft copy in case your computer gets robbed or broken

Do it in a word and xcel format . Keep both a hard and a soft copy in case your computer gets robbed or broken

I've it doubled up in hard copy. Be grand.

If they've only started it this month they probably won't look for portfolios for a year would ya think?..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Forgive me for being a bit thick, but what are you all talking about? What is a CPD?

19hz wrote: »
    If they've only started it this month they probably won't look for portfolios for a year would ya think?..

There is no harm in starting though!

@flazio

It's CPC
    Q. What is Continuous professional Competence (CPC)?

CPC will enable practitioners to update and develop knowledge, skills and attitude thereby supporting professional competent practice. This protects the public interest, meets the requirements of registration and promotes the profession.

http://www.phecit.ie/PHECC/The_register/CPC_for_EMTs/PHECC/The_Register/CPC_for_EMTs/CPC_for_EMTs.aspx?hkey=1dfde06d-37aa-45a8-ac4c-f0d9833e458a#What is Continuous

My advice would be to do it as you go . Have both a hard (paper) copy and a soft (computer based) copy . This means if your computer goes bang you have you details or if for some reason the paper copy gets damaged you have a copy on your computer

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭resus

If you looking for an inexpensive and genuinely rewarding means of gaining your hours, next year May try to attend the EMS Gathering in Kerry . Last year was truly epic .

http://www.emsgathering.com

• Registered Users Posts: 7 rentykehoe

Hi just noticed your post now.
    Hope you got sorted but if not check out JoshCPD. This is an CPD tracker app where you can log and track your CPD on any device.
    It will make your life so much easier!

With PHECC getting this whole CPD thing running this month I'm wondering how best to compile everything.
    What software to use so that its easy to not only store the information but also to find and retrieve it based on certain search terms i.e. find all trauma case studies, etc.
    Also which one will be best for submitting.

Up till now I've had a couple of different excel spreadsheets.. but I think it could be better.

Any ideas? :confused:[/quote]

Advertisement