Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Force an App to write to an external card/drive

Options
  • 25-11-2013 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭

I recently got an android media box but the internal storage isn't a large as I thought.
    I'm running out of storage space & I've been looking at options for an app to write directly to an external sd card.
    I've tried some apps like link2sd,but they state my device cannot move apps & data to external storage.

So basically I'm wondering is there any other method to force an app to store it's data on an sd card. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭jgbyr

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

As far as I am aware, and I'm not 100% certain, this comes down to the way the application was written. If the developer hasn't specified external storage, it won't be used. I don't think there is a way around this, but I could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

See if this helps.
    Root required.

Advertisement