Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Art Appreciation Book for describing paintings

Options
  • 25-11-2013 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Anyone know if there is a good book for Art History for describing paintings (Subject Matter, Composition,Treatment of Light etc. )

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

I haven't the name of an actual textbook but combined with notes I got from school, the Less Stress book is pretty spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭d1234

I second Less Stress, very difficult to get a decent art history book/revision guide.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 davidmaguire_

At the moment I'm looking up online for alot of extra notes the less stress has some bits but not all and the book has some other bits so collectively I nearly have enough notes, we get no notes at all from our Art teacher.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

For artists not done out well, the Wikipedia pages have surplus information too, it's just kinda tedious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Ugh art history was such bollocks!

• Advertisement
Advertisement