Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrights creating 100 jobs with new gastropub in Airside

Options
  • 25-11-2013 10:13pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Dunno did many of you hear the news today, that Wrights are creating 100 jobs with the opening of a new gastropub beside the venue in Airside.

Was up there in Starbucks tonight and had a gawp, it's MASSIVE!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

cant wait to go when it opens where abouts is it?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Between O'Briens and the Wright Venue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Any info on where to give in a CV/apply? :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Any info on where to give in a CV/apply? :)

I'd ask in the Cafe Bar off Main St Swords?

Good luck :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Ooh that sounds great! I heard on the news that they were investing in Airside and Swords, but they didn't say in what.

• Advertisement

Did i hear its supposed to open this weekend?

Wouldn't be surprised tbh, it looks fairly close to being fitted out and they were working late last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Would imagine that's where they plan on holding their Xmas parties, they're advertised for every night in December and can't imagine them opening the Venue for all of those dates

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

I wouldnt think they would be holding the parties there. Havent the space. Looks like its fitted out a rock-style bar with small stage. Opening on Saturday as per a poster in the window saying Broken Wing will be performing.

Spook_ie wrote: »
    Would imagine that's where they plan on holding their Xmas parties, they're advertised for every night in December and can't imagine them opening the Venue for all of those dates

Those are advertised as being in the Venue, they are fairly full on in terms of the descriptions so I can't see them in that bar.

• Advertisement

Tis indeed opening Saturday, it's called Hogs and Heifers :eek:

Supposed to be styled on American Steakhouse, country style

Will be over 25s Fridays and Saturdays

Stheno wrote: »
    Those are advertised as being in the Venue, they are fairly full on in terms of the descriptions so I can't see them in that bar.

But aren't they advertising the Xmas thingy for €13 or so including a cocktail and Santa, how they going to fit that in with their normal Fri/Sat clientele

Spook_ie wrote: »
    But aren't they advertising the Xmas thingy for €13 or so including a cocktail and Santa, how they going to fit that in with their normal Fri/Sat clientele

No idea, but the prices I've seen on promos vary depending on the party tbh.

The top floor of the venue has been redone as Baroque aimed at the over twenty fives market, so maybe that's it?

Anyway Hogs and Heifers opens tomorrow night, with food being served from today week :)

Well, we will see how it all pans out soon enough, will be a welcome addition to Swords anyway I reckon

It's mental up there today, stopped off to get a Starbucks, and it's vans/trucks everywhere, so no parking.

Read a news article that it's a concept based on the meat packing district in NY, aged steaks etc, and woooohoooooo loads of craft beers :D

The OH and myself dropped in here over the weekend, very clearly aimed at the over twenty fives, lots of space and comfortable tables/seats

Great selection of craft beers, and we got given a sample menu which is very meat based but looks good.

Definitely going to be trying it out when they start serving food, which is next week.

They were giving out samples of pulled pork burgers the night we were there and they were delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭coolhandluke

The OH and myself dropped in here over the weekend, very clearly aimed at the over twenty fives, lots of space and comfortable tables/seats

Great selection of craft beers, and we got given a sample menu which is very meat based but looks good.

Definitely going to be trying it out when they start serving food, which is next week.

They were giving out samples of pulled pork burgers the night we were there and they were delicious.

Do you mean hogs and heifers or baroque....?

Do you mean hogs and heifers or barroco!?....?

Sorry hogs and heifers

I'm old and go to bed, early, being out at 10pm in Hogs and Heifers was a "late" night for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Gonna nip in tonight after work for a drink and make a reservation for dinner tomorrow. Hopefully it will be good, it will be nice to have a bar/restaurant that cater to a "rock-ier" crowd :D

Sorry hogs and heifers

I'm old and go to bed, early, being out at 10pm in Hogs and Heifers was a "late" night for me :)

what kind of craft beers do they do? Good selection?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

We were there on Friday. Its bigger than I realised so quite loud and a very "busy" atmosphere, which was nice, but coupled with the music it was quite loud for sitting having a meal.

The food was really good, and fairly good value. We both went for the fillet steak, which came with fries, pepper sauce and a side of your choice. We went for the coleslaw and the mac'n'cheese. It was all really delicious. €28 each for the mains and 1 pint of galway hooker and a jack and coke made it about €66.

However the service was shocking. I'm chalking it down to it only being their 2nd night serving food. It was really poor. The servers were friendly enough but just didn't have a clue what was going on.

We were seated quickly and order was taken fairly quickly too. However, after we had been waiting about 15 minutes for the food (not long in my eyes but they seemed in a hurry to get people served and moved on) the same server came back and asked if we had enjoed our meal, I told her we hadn't actually received it yet! So she went to check on it, while she was gone the maitre'd type woman came over and said "Sorry to bother you but are you actually going to order food?" I told her, er yes we already have ordered! Then we saw a guy walking around with what looked like our food, but he tried to give it too a few other tables first. Then he finally gave it to us.
    Then another waiter came over and asked us if we had ordered the food infront of us, because he had another table waiting for food and thought it might be theirs. I assured him it was ours and we were finally left alone to eat!

Then if that wasn't enough messing around, we were then given the wrong bill. It had about €30 worth of drinks on it that we didnt have. They changed this and we then left. Safe to say we didn't leave a tip. The service just all seemed very chaotic. They had a tonne of servers working but they didn't seem to have their own set areas, they were all just dashing around serving and taking orders from all over the restaurant which I think was part of the reason it was such a mess.

I will be giving it a good few weeks before I go back for food.

They had Galway Hooker, Sierra Nevada pale ale and some new one called bo-jingles or something. They probably had more bottled ones but couldnt see them behind the bar.

I'd a similiar experience there last Saturday down to the bill being wrong.

I ended up complaining I was so pissed off.

any more recent reviews? thinking of going this evening but dont want to go if the service is still bad

Advertisement