Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

replace bed with my own

Options
  • 25-11-2013 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Hi,
    I moved into an apartment in september and my room has a single bed. I want to replace this with a double bed at my own cost. The landlady says that she cannot store the single bed as no space and says I have to sort out storage. As it is not my furniture i do not see it as my responsibility to pay for storage. What are my options here?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

The landlord is under no obligation to store the bed. You rented with a single bed; if the landlord cant store it then you either pay to have it put in storage yourself or you dismantle it and store it as best you can around the house (I have done just this with the second bed; they store easier than you think).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Austmcc wrote: »
    Hi,
    I moved into an apartment in september and my room has a single bed. I want to replace this with a double bed at my own cost. The landlady says that she cannot store the single bed as no space and says I have to sort out storage. As it is not my furniture i do not see it as my responsibility to pay for storage. What are my options here?

Thanks
    You rented it with the furniture, so your options are:
    1: leave the bed as is
    2: store the bed
    3: move

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

OP- the guys are 100% accurate.
    Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement