Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galaxy S4 Mini Problems

Options
  • 25-11-2013 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

So i bought a galaxy s4 mini a couple of weeks ago on donedeal which was locked to a network i wasnt on. So i bought a sim for that network and used it for a couple of weeks without issue but after a while i decided to switch back to meteor so i brought the phone into one of the little cittle chinese phone shops on moore street to have it unlocked. Straight away I noticed an app had been installed called 'superuser' and then started to notice a notification in the notification bar.

The device has detected an application attempting unpermitted actions please reboot - but rebooting does nothing as after couple of minutes the same notification is in the notification bar

so I uninstalled the superuser app as this is the only thing I could think of that could be causing the notifications. The notification is still popping up and i recemtly noticed that after turning the phone on i get these little blue boxes pop up that say..

Currently unable to download please try again later

Power saving mode enabled - but power saving mode has not been enabled by me and the phone is not showing signs of being in power saving mode.

It all just seems a bit odd to me any help would be greatly appreciated thank you in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Can you take a screenshot of the notification ?
    Superuser isn't actually all that harmful It's essential like an admin account on a pc. Just gives you escalated privileges.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Bobby_D

The first is the notification that is shown in the notification bar. The second is where you are taken when you click on the notification. Thanks you for taking the time to read that too it was fairly longwinded

Advertisement