Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Painter/modeler returns-wow pricey!!

Options
  • 25-11-2013 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭

Hi folks! I've never posted in this section before so hello!
    Used to be a huge fan of 40k in my youth and had
    Quite the "Dark Angels" army!
    Unfortunately it all went in the bin when I went to college :(
    Silly me, anyways yesterday waking past Tom Stanley's news agent
    I noticed some 40k and thought I might grab a box of space marines and see can I still paint as well as I did

Feck me! The prices are dear!
    is this just Tom Stanley's or is everywhere so dear?
    I'm looking for a winter project to keep me busy!
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Yeah GW has steadily increased their prices over the years, so chances are you'll find quite a difference everywhere to what you may have seen in your youth! Of course, there are plenty of more sanely priced alternative games out there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Plastic Cavanman

Yea the price is right (not really)! I'd agree with Branoic, there are plenty of miniature suppliers who aren't as pricey. Mantic Games is one that springs to mind. Alternatively ebay can be a goldmine. Unfortunately you will be competing with (for the most part) UK bidders who pay a wee bit less for shipping unless you can find an irish seller.
    Good luck in your quest!

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭a fat guy

Get Dark Vengeance then.

You'll get a bunch of cheap Dark Angels, along with Chaos marines that you can sell for cash, or trade for more space marine stuff. Should cost you eighty quid for Christmas, plenty to keep you busy!

And yeah, the prices go up every year unfortunately... I really don't think they'll ever actually get caught out on it, not that it really bothers me any more. It's just a fact of the GW hobby at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭youllneverknow

You should look at bolt action. its cheaper then GW and it is the same scale.
    also there is 15mm world war 2 games like flames of war, these are cheaper to
    you can feild a whole force for under 100 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

OP I feel your pain. Lucky for my I did not bin anything. Sound like an old man saying it but the price I payed for models was far less than whats for sale today and for plastic models!

I wanna play again but I can not justify handing out the money for the new rule books tbh and of course the rules are massively different from when I played!

• Advertisement
Advertisement