Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD, what do I do now?

Options
  • 25-11-2013 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭

Hi

I bought 2 weeks ago an item from Amazon that was to be delivered by DPD. They first sent me an email on the 13th (Wednesday) to advise that they would deliver during the morning, and if not convenient please click on below link to arrange a new date. Except there was no link in the email. I tried to go on the website but I needed a login. I sent them an email to say I couldn't take the parcel before the Friday
    The next day, Thursday, a similar email was received, to which I again replied 'not before Friday'
    Friday comes and there is no sign of an email, so I called the customer service. They were having problems with their system so the lady said we will arrange for delivery on Monday, the 18th

Monday night, still no sign of the parcel, I called and was told quite abruptly 'the driver forgot it will be delivered tomorrow sorry about that'. The next day, I called at 4.30pm to be told that again the driver forgot the parcel. I was given the number of the depot to arrange a redelivery. I arranged for it on the Friday, but warned that it could only be in the morning. I was told that the time couldn't be given in advance, I said I had been waiting at home two full days and the driver forgot the parcel, so I think the least they can do is match my availability

Friday, I received an email to say that the driver would be here between 13h30 and 15h30. I called and explained that no can't do, I am only in this morning. I was told it would be arranged for Monday. At 1pm, when I was leaving to pick up my kids, the driver calls me and asks me if I can meet him - in another part of the estate. I tell him no, I'm leaving now and I expect the package to be delivered to my place, not a remote one. So he says he'll be back on Monday

I've just called them and the package can't be located. I'm waiting for a call back, but it seems very unlikely that I'll get the parcel delivered today at all.

So what are my options now? Should I tell them to return the parcel to Amazon and deal with the vendor, or should I contact the vendor to put some pressure on DPD so my parcel can be delivered and I won't have to play hide and seek with DPD again?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

<snip>

Thank Chesterb. After a lot of to and fro, we finally managed to get our package delivered. The item had again been forgotten at the depot, but because it had happened so often and I was seriously getting annoyed, the driver picked it up and arranged a special delivery. So all sorted! :D

Advertisement