Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing two missing black wooden Chess pieces?

Options
  • 25-11-2013 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭

"I have misplaced a Bishop and a Pawn from my first wooden Chess set. I was wondering would anyone here know where I could either find replacements or get new replacement pieces fabricated. I have attached pics of the two pieces I need"

Hi,

I posted the above post in the chess section where someone suggested I could get replacements made by someone who knows there way around a lathe so I said I would try here to see if anyone in this forum could recommend someone for me to contact about making two replacement pieces.

There are pictures of the pieces I need attached to this thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057090211

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Looks like an easy enough job for someone with a lathe, try a local work shop or even better get some kid to make them as a school project :D If you buy me one of those cheep lathes from Lidl I'll make them for you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

fergal.b wrote: »
    Looks like an easy enough job for someone with a lathe, try a local work shop or even better get some kid to make them as a school project :D If you buy me one of those cheep lathes from Lidl I'll make them for you ;)

How much are they?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Deedsie wrote: »
    How much are they?

About €130.00 :D In all seriousness if you can't get someone to do it for you I will have a go at whittling and sanding it out of a bit of wood for you for a bottle of red :D

Advertisement