Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop recommendation - Light gaming/Minecraft (Budget around €500-€600)

Options
  • 25-11-2013 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭

Hi,

A bit lost really so I wonder if someone could help. Looking for a laptop for a kid for Xmas, budget around €500. It will be used primarily for Minecraft and I'm a bit stuck when running through all of the recommendations on here.

I normally use a laptop for light browsing/some excel/word processing/storing pictures etc but more often than not it ends up being snatched by my kids who typically use it for Minecraft - frequently leading to moaning on their part (the old dell inspiron is a bit slow and they constantly complain about how unresponsive it is).

They're not old enough yet for Battlefield etc so there isnt a requirement for a gaming laptop (I don't think given the price of them). I'm undecided as to whether something like the Lenovo Yoga could handle Minecraft - it's a nice looking machine and pretty flexible, or whether to go for something more sensible - the Lenovo G510/Z585/S540 which have all been recommended here on the various threads I searched through.

Any advice would be much appreciated

Advertisement