Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it impossible to move a 40x12 cabin up a winding hilly road?

Options
  • 25-11-2013 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Please advise where I should post this if not here.

We have been told the above- and indeed that there is only one mover who takes 40x12 mobiles at all. Is this true? Could tractor be involved for the hilly last section rather than the truck? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

If companies who do this kind of thing for a living have advised that its not possible and are not willing to attempt it then Id say its fairly safe to say its going to be a difficult task...

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭gibo_ie

what road is it?Maybe give a link to google maps? Every watch heavy haulage australia guys? Nothing is impossible! It may take some outside the box thinking with some local tractors to help perhaps and a temporary road closure. Depends on the weight of the load also and width and % rise on the hill....
    Lots of things to take into account.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

Yeah you'd be amazed what they can do, some parts of windturbines are fair big and they do be in very remote places.

Not sure this is best forum to ask, I'd of said maybe Motors, I thought there was a commercial section in there, seems to be gone now, maybe its the tractor, 4x4 digger one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,390 ✭✭✭fletch

My parents got their mobile (12 foot wide) up a very narrow road (one car width, grass growing in the middle kinda stuff) To make matters worse, there was a bend on the hill so anythings possible. We went out a few weeks before with some cutting tools and trimmed back any trees that looked like they might be an obstruction (make sure you get permission from landowners in advance!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭dzer2

Hey OP can an artic get up this road and turn around if so I know a driver that will most likely get it done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭tubos

How'd it get there in the first place? A quick look around and you'd be surprised at what can be done, but at a cost I'd say, its porbably not worth it for most haulage companies. Its amazing what can be done though.... http://www.gkt.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

can it be turned on its side so its 40 long 12 high 8 wide?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭outstation42

Sorry I didn't get back to this, thanks for the replies :)

Basically we bought a secondhand mobile. We paid 1600 for removal. My partner's mother decided to speak to the movers and tell them the wrong address (cabin going to her land so you'd have thought she'd have known it...). Movers were shocked when they saw the hill they had to take it up and apparently would not have accepted the job had they known where it was going. It basically got trashed and we've not had the money and time to repair until now (it happened late September). Its costing many hundreds and the insulation in the cabin is bust. Coming along with cutters is certainly something we'd have been up for had we known. :(

Advertisement