Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€450 Android Tablet - Whats the best ?????

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,990 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

If you can wait until probably after xmas then the Nexus 10 2 might be an option. It's due to be announced shortly but probably won't be available in Ireland until January?

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭moikey

If you can wait until probably after xmas then the Nexus 10 2 might be an option. It's due to be announced shortly but probably won't be available in Ireland until January?

Hey youcancallmeal do you think any retail stores will stock the new Nexus 10? as I have a OneForAll voucher and would be great to get rid. I know they did'nt stock the last Nexus 10, only online with Google.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,990 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

moikey wrote: »
    Hey youcancallmeal do you think any retail stores will stock the new Nexus 10? as I have a OneForAll voucher and would be great to get rid. I know they did'nt stock the last Nexus 10, only online with Google.

If it is anything like the current Nexus 10 it won't be available in retail stores here. It will have to ordered from the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭droidman123

You can get some great deals on the 2012 nexus 10 on ebay,brand new.

You can get some great deals on the 2012 nexus 10 on ebay,brand new.

http://m.ebay.ie/itm/171154990477?nav=SEARCH&sbk=1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Shabaz50

dont spend over 300 on a tablet if i were you id save 150 nd get an ipad mini

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Shabaz50 wrote: »
    dont spend over 300 on a tablet if i were you id save 150 nd get an ipad mini

Smaller screen though.

i much prefer the ipad mini to the i pad 2 because of the size of the screen

and i much prefer ios and the apple store

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

and i much prefer ios and the apple store

Depends what you use it for I suppose. The quality of the apps can be better but the cost of the hardware is borderline ridiculous for what they are at times. There's definitely better value with some of the Android and Windows products.

• Advertisement

the o.p. clearly stated he wanted an android tablet, not crapple.

crapple lol

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Obsolete01

the o.p. clearly stated he wanted an android tablet, not crapple.

Exactly..... reason I want Android is because I can plug in memory cards and am external hard drive also and I don't like Apple products.

So what I listed above are the two tablets I have my eye on

two decent tablets, but tbh the nexus 10 is a great tablet. you will get a 2012 one cheaper than those two, and you also get the kitkat 4.4 update. theres a new one out probably early next year, that's why the 2012 model is cheap now I guess. I have mine since last November and I honestly couldn't fault it. oooh, and I hate crapple as well:)

edit...there is no expandable memory on the nexus 10, but you can get an otg cable for a few euros and connect a usb flash drive for movies, pics , music etc

I love the names for the android ios

I love the names for the android ios

froyo, gingerbread,honeycomb,ice cream sandwich, jelly bean,kitkat:) there was a rumour last year of one called "key lime pie", but it never happened. maybe the next one will be called roast beef...yummy:D

froyo, gingerbread,honeycomb,ice cream sandwich, jelly bean,kitkat:) there was a rumour last year of one called "key lime pie", but it never happened. maybe the next one will be called roast beef...yummy:D

Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭topcatcbr

You'll have to wait a while for roast beef I'm afraid.

They go in alphabetical order.

G = ginger, H = honey, I = icecream, etc.

Next will start with L maybe lolli pop.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Obsolete01

two decent tablets, but tbh the nexus 10 is a great tablet. you will get a 2012 one cheaper than those two, and you also get the kitkat 4.4 update. theres a new one out probably early next year, that's why the 2012 model is cheap now I guess. I have mine since last November and I honestly couldn't fault it. oooh, and I hate crapple as well:)

edit...there is no expandable memory on the nexus 10, but you can get an otg cable for a few euros and connect a usb flash drive for movies, pics , music etc

Looking to get this tablet for the old man :-) So where cani but it.....pc world?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭Ionised

Obsolete01 wrote: »
    Looking to get this tablet for the old man :-) So where cani but it.....pc world?

Ebay is probably your best bet for the Nexus 10. There are a fair few going at a reasonable price in the UK.

• Advertisement

http://m.ebay.ie/itm/171154990477?nav=SEARCH&sbk=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭tfromkerry

What about the Nexus 7 , I am thinking of getting this for my 9 yr for xmas

tfromkerry wrote: »
    What about the Nexus 7 , I am thinking of getting this for my 9 yr for xmas

Excellent. Last years one can be bought for about €100 if you look out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭tfromkerry

Really topcatcbr , where is the best place so . And would you rate this pad

I had the 2012 nexus 7 and i now have the 2013 one.you cant go wrong,excellent tablet,your daughter will love it. Not sure where the cheapest place to buy is,but a quick check online will sort you out. Try amazon,pc world,argos etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

topcatcbr wrote: »
    You'll have to wait a while for roast beef I'm afraid.

They go in alphabetical order.

G = ginger, H = honey, I = icecream, etc.

Next will start with L maybe lolli pop.

Lion bar maybe ?

I got one on donedeal with leather cover in perfect condition with box and all accessories for €100. you can get them new for €170 in argos I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Craigels

The new LG g pad looks very good have you considered this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭timetogo

I've no idea about the Sony. The Note 10.1 you've linked to is last years model. You should be able to get the 2014 edition for about €50 more (3GB RAM, hugely improved resolution, different processor etc.) I've seen it in PCWorld. Dunno why it's not on their site. Probably trying to offload the older model.

With that said though do you need the pen functionality? If you don't I'd get the Nexus 10. I have the Note 10.1 2014 and love it but I use the pen every day. If I didn't I'd have gone for a vastly cheaper tablet.

I really, really doubt that the new Nexus will be released in Jan as one poster posted. It might be announced in Jan and then appear 2 months later. It'd be madness to release it just after the Christmas season though. If they were going to do that we'd be hearing about it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 seanpearse

Disclaimer: I own this website.....

Have a look at Ex Demo Hut. We have a lot of top quality ex demonstration tablets and tablet/notebook hybrids that are in immaculate condition with all original packaging, accessories, etc and remaining manufacturers warranties all still intact.

We don't have any Androids in at the moment I'm afraid (sold our last nexus on Friday and all the current stock is Windows based) but we will hopefully be getting more in soon.

If ours are a little out of the price range or you've simply got your heart set on Android I couldn't agree more about the Nexus 10, they're fantastic.

Happy hunting!

Advertisement