Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any charities needing volunteers for one day pre-xmas?

Options
  • 24-11-2013 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

My work have offered my team a day 'off' to volunteer for a charity before christmas - shaking a bucket or selling christmas trees or singing carols or whatever. The only restriction is that it has to be Thursday 5th December. Does anyone know of a Dublin-based charity who could benefit from the time of a group of about 15 people for one day? We're all 25-35 years old, all physically able and we're hard-working types! Happy to turn our hand to whatever would be useful. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Crybabygeeks

+1 on this.... I have a team of around 12 -15 people available on Friday 20th December to help out. Anyone looking for volunteers, please let me know.!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

We are looking for carol singers/choirs etc between 6th and 22nd December for 2 hours. If you PM me I can get the details to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Try your local Volunteer Centre - they can point you in the right direction and will have contact with organisations who might have a group project suitable, be it bucket shaking or otherwise!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

My girlfriend works in one of the volunteer centres. They definitely organize corporate volunteering for companies so get in touch with your local centre and they should be able to help get you sorted.

Advertisement