Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charnwood Country 4 Stove Opinions Sought

Options
  • 24-11-2013 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

Hello there,
    I would love to get your perspective. I want a stove to help reduce the oil costs. The house is an old farm cottage, there is the perfect stop in the sitting room where there had been an old stanley cooker years ago.

The room is quite small with low ceilings but there is an adjoining stairway to the upper level of the cottage as well as a door to the kitchen(12ft x 15ft and Ceiling height is 6'3). As well as heating the room itself, I am hoping the heating will permeate to upstairs so I will be using the oil a bit less.

I am drawn to Charnwood Country 4 because it has a long warranty, seems like a well built quality stove and even though it's a Charnwood it doesnt cost to earth. It's output is about 4.8 KW so it shouldnt be too hot for the room it's going in based on the online calculators. They also make a slightly bigger Charnwood Country 6 that's rated at an output of 6KW but I am worried it might be too hot for the room based on the calculators. I would appreciate your thoughts. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭cali_eire

Anyone? Thanks

Anyone? Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭oinkely

Hi Cali,

Don't have any experience of the model you mention. I do have a Charnwood slx 45 inset model installed in my house and it is the business. It's the boiler model and it works great. Coming up on 5 years in now and it's in perfect condition really, a few marks here and there but has stood up to daily abuse so far.

The only slight down side is the airwash for the glass doors never really worked that well, the glass needs a good clean every few weeks. Other than that highly recommend Charnwood based on my experience.

Cheers

Thanks so much Oinkely for the feedback!

Advertisement