Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vodafone HG658c - my VOIP phone no worky

Options
  • 24-11-2013 9:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭

Well, I got my lovely new vodafone HG658c and now my VOIP phone reports "provider registration failed". And I gather it's my new modem throwing a spanner in the works?

Anybody come across this before and ... if it can be fixed, how did you do it?

cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭rozeboosje

Never mind ... I figured it out. Because of my old setup with a wired ADSL Modem connected to a wireless LinkSys I had set the GigaSet's Default Gateway to 192.168.1.254 - Trust me, it made sense at the time - but with the new modem it should be 192.168.1.1 instead. Problem solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Big Lar

Check your gatewa...... never mind, see you got it sorted.

[grin] yup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

For info - the HG658c also has an SIP ATA built in so you can just fill in the SIP account details on the modem and use any standard DECT phone etc using the tel ports on the back....

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Tonio

crawler wrote: »
    For info - the HG658c also has an SIP ATA built in so you can just fill in the SIP account details on the modem and use any standard DECT phone etc using the tel ports on the back....

I currently have a VOIP connection through Vomino. My dect base unit is connected via a Handytone 286 device (provided by Vomino) to one of the router's LAN ports. In order to free up a LAN port (and an electrical socket!) could I dispense with the Handytone converter and just connect directly to the router? What settings do I need to input and where abouts should I input them?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Once you have access to the admin section of the router all you need is the SIP server or proxy, username, password and port if it is different to 5060, put them in the settings page, save and reboot.

Do keep in mind that you should set up QoS on the router to give priority to the ATA over other connections.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Moving to Voip

[takes note]

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Vico1612

Sorry for jumping in but does anybody know how to configure the HG658 and Blueface ?
    I've followed the thread on the broadband section to get access to the VOIP settings and have filled in the details I think are correct
    Proxy : sip.blueface.ie
    Port 5060
    UserID : xxx
    Password : yyyy

But I'm still appearing as unregistered
    My linksts papt is working and registering ok
    Would appreciate screen shots of a working config if possible
    Thanks !
    Vic

I wish I could help you with that but ... my VOIP is with a Dutch company (I originally got it so my Dutch family and friends could phone me cheaply through a local Dutch telephone number, but with Skype and all that stuff that has pretty much become obsolete). Also, I have my VOIP configured through my phone's "base unit" rather than through the Router.

I hope you find a solution to your problem...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Vico1612

Just found the problem looking at the logs on the HG658 : invalid credentials ... typo in the password :-)
    All good now ...

Good to hear that :-)

Happy VOIPing!

Advertisement