Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problem with email app and work email accounts

Options
  • 24-11-2013 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

Hi all

I'm unable to set up my work email account using the stock email app on my S4 or Sony tablet

I originally couldn't set it up when it was a pop 3 account but we recently changed hosts and its now an imap and I still cant set it up. The message I receive when I enter the details is :

unable to connect to email server to verify your account information no response from server.

I have double checked I have all the correct information ie port, server etc and I can check mail online and through Outlook on my laptop , it's just the email app I cant get it through.

Any suggestions as this is driving me mad ! - thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

If it can't connect to the server you're either using the wrong hostname or the wrong port. Ask the sysadmin for the correct details.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snowey07

Thanks , that's what I thought but the host company claim they're correct. Back on the phone to them tomorrow so

Advertisement