Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick question

Options
  • 24-11-2013 12:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭

Smart phones.

Am I right in thinking a smart phone is what I would need to get if I want a notification when I get an email?

Presumably this phone would have to be online all the time? Meaning a new internet account? How much does this cost... roughly?

I had a quick look on carphone warehouse and they have a cheap smartphone there for 60euro... however when I click into it the website reports an error. And Im having zero luck finding it on amazon, so what would peoples opinion be on a Samsung Galaxy Mini priced at 60 euro?

Literally all I need is a phone to let me know when I get an email. Im sick of getting an email when Im out on the road and then only seeing it when I get home.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭_Godot_

If you buy a phone from Three, and keep it topped up by 20 a month, you get unlimited data, so you don't have to rely on wifi or wait until you get home to access your email or internet.

You'd be better of getting a newer phone than the Samsung Galaxy Mini. It's a bit old now. You'd be better off with Sony Xperia E or Samsung Galaxy Pocket Neo if you're on a 60 euro budget.

EDIT: Actually the Xperia E is out of stock, still looks like a good phone though, it's what I'd pick.

Advertisement