Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bricked Laptop

Options
  • 24-11-2013 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

HELP NEEDED!

I have a Lenovo G550 laptop and the other day I tried and failed to update the bios as I was having some video problem. The process froze half way through and now my laptop is bricked. I've spent days googling and trying every thing but still no joy. Can anyone help?:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

If you dont mine opening it up you could take out the bios battery for a bit to see if that helps at all. Other than that it will have to go back to the manufacturer.

Why update the bios for a video problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭karlkavo

To be honest I don't know I was updating the driver and I seen an option for updating the Bios on the Lenovo website. Your saying take out the cmos battery?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Yeah, if you're getting no bios at all but getting power there's a chance taking out the battery could reset it. It would void your warranty if you have one though.

Advertisement