Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC SecureWatch - how to disable a sensor

Options
  • 24-11-2013 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭

We're adding an extension on to our house, and the builders are starting in a few days time. The existing lean-to kitchen will be knocked at the very start, and a temporary plywood sheet installed to block the hole.

There's a shock sensor installed on the kitchen window frame. I want to disable this, so that I can still set the alarm during the build. I'll be paying for an alarm installer to come out once the build is finished to add new sensors for the extension, but if possible, I'd like to disable the kitchen sensor now myself, to save myself the callout fee (which I'm sure would take an alarm installer about 30 seconds to do).

Big thanks to KoolKid for posting a link to the manager manual:
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6sJTuagSI_iMTIwZmYxZmMtZWQzNC00NzMwLWFhYTQtMzU2YjFkNmM5MzI0/edit?hl=en_US

and this post also seems to list the codes I'll need:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=56309458&postcount=4

The problem is, the manual seems to say that option 9 is the manager menu, but the door of the keypad suggests that option 9 is a "bell and light test". I tried entering 1111 to get to the menu, but it did nothing - maybe I'm doing it wrong?

I don't want to p1ss off the neighbours by setting off the alarm, so can anyone give some pointers?

Remote_Keypad_289_460xauto.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You might not need to goto too much bother.
    Can you open the sensor you want to disconnect and post up a pic of the wiring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭davidclayton

KoolKid wrote: »
    You might not need to goto too much bother.
    Can you open the sensor you want to disconnect and post up a pic of the wiring.

See pic below, it has a tamper sensor thingy in it also

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Ok.
    So you just disconnect this sensor and join the red and black together and the blue and yellow together.
    Tape up the 2 joins or put them in block connectors to prevent them from shorting or separating. The alarm will then work as normal without that sensor.

Will give it a try. Thanks a million!

Your welcome. Any problems , you know where we are.

• Advertisement

Are you an alarm installer?
    I'll need one when it comes time to add the new sensors

I am, give me a shout any time.;)

Perfect. I'm based in Celbridge and will send you a PM in a few months when the build is close to completion :)

Any time, have lots of work around there and Lucan, never too far away.

Follow up question :)

There is an extra alarm panel in one of the upstairs bedrooms that I'd like to remove. Wishful thinking, but is it the same process as when removing a sensor? (below)
    Ok.
    So you just disconnect this sensor and join the red and black together and the blue and yellow together.
    Tape up the 2 joins or put them in block connectors to prevent them from shorting or separating. The alarm will then work as normal without that sensor.

• Advertisement

Is this a Keypad you are talking about?
    If so no do not short out any of the cables you will blow a fuse.
    Where are you wanting to move it to?
    You will need to either join onto that cable or get a cable from the new point to another keypad or directly to the control panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,533 ✭✭✭kub

STOP......its not, don't dare and join those cables together you will get yourself in a bit of bother.
    Have you engineer access to the system?

Is this a Keypad you are talking about?
    If so no do not short out any of the cables you will blow a fuse.
    Where are you wanting to move it to?
    You will need to either join onto that cable or get a cable from the new point to another keypad or directly to the control panel.

Yes, a keypad. Wasn't going to move it, just remove it as it's not needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,533 ✭✭✭kub

Yes, a keypad. Wasn't going to move it, just remove it as it's not needed.

In order to do that you will have to go into engineer mode and remove the keypad in the actual menu structure first, then find the other end of that cable and physically disconnect it.

Advertisement