Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PLC help!

Options
  • 23-11-2013 10:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm currently in Leaving Cert and I really hope to get to college next year, however I am extremely paranoid that I will fail maths. If that happens I want to do a PLC as I really don't want to repeat this year! I couldn't!

The thing is I'm kind of unsure what exactly a PLC is?

1. Would I get the grant for a PLC as I would for a 3rd level college?

2. How and when do I apply for a PLC?

3. If I pass maths and get my desired course can I still take the course even if I have applied for a PLC?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,626 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

A PLC is a level 6/7 course.

If you qualify for the maintenance grant you'll get it, but there's no grant for fees.

Generally you apply for the courses around January-ish, normally through the college itself.

Yeah you just turn down the place in the PLC if you were offered one.

The majority of PLC courses still require you to pass maths though, just beware of that. They still have entry requirements.

Advertisement