Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone drops signal until restarted

Options
  • 23-11-2013 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Apologies if I am posting this in the wrong place. I have a HTC Desire X. Today I have noticed that the phone seems to be disconnecting from the network. I live in an area with very good coverage (Vodafone). My phone normally shows all bars full coverage. This morning I was expecting a call and checked my phone, It showed no bars and a x indicating no network.

I restarted the phone and all bars / full coverage was restored. After about half an hour, I checked it, again it showed no bars and the x. Later I was driving in a different area, same thing happened. I restarted the phone and full coverage was restored. I'm back home now and the same thing has just happened again.

It seems that when I leave the phone down, after a while it looses connection to the network even though the available signal is fine. Restarting the phone sorts the issue but only temporarily.

Things to note.
    After restart, the phone works fine as in I cam make and receive calls. When it looses the signal and shows an x, it cannot be used to make or receive calls or texts.

Has anyone else experienced this? Its very troubling. All of a sudden I can no longer have any faith in my phone. Its pot luck whether somebody can reach me or not. What to do?

Many thanks for any help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭batmanzed

Hi,
    I don't know about the root cause, but I had similar issues intermittently on my desire hd. I used to go into settings>wireless and networks >mobile networks >network operators >and then use either option, manual or automatic to select your network again, and this seemed to sort the problem any time it happened

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

Many thanks.

Turns out I re-seated the SIM card and this seems to have resolved the issue.

Advertisement