Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cover lock screen

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

Anyone have invites for this? Supposed to be like aviate in a lock screen, but it's still in a beta only invite http://www.droid-life.com/2013/10/24/cover-is-an-invite-only-android-lock-screen-replacement-that-contextually-changes-to-meet-your-needs/

I signed up weeks ago but have heard no more about it. I'm looking forward to giving it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Using Cover since yesterday - its looking like a keeper!!

I like the way it has the peek option and I also like the way you can jump between apps by dragging down the top right corner of the screen

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Really liking it too. Just needs music controls and a couple more options such as location polling intervals and I'll be set

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Is there a way to locate my work address other then typing it in? my place of work has no proper address that Google recognizes so its just an area that I want to put in – á lá select a point on a map rather than typing in 123 street in xyz town

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

would the fact that it uses work and home address have an impact on data usage? its the only thing stopping me using it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

I liked it, but I only kept it for an hour or so.

The one thing that would make it a keeper for me would be if you could lock certain app shortcuts to the lock screen so that they're there all the time regardless of context.

In particular, I like having a camera shortcut on my lockscreen. I know that you could "program" Cover to always show the camera app over time, but that would involve opening the camera app repeatedly to get it up the list, and there should just be an option to pick certain apps that are always there.

It's one to watch definitely, and if they build in what I'm on about, I'd definitely use it. The peek function and quick app switching are really nicely done.

would the fact that it uses work and home address have an impact on data usage? its the only thing stopping me using it

You can set it up so that it knows where home and work are based on which wifi you're connected to, so I can't see it doing much harm to data if its just using wifi.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

I've been looking forward to this but i can't help but be disappointed.

I'm running it on my 4.3 TW'd S4 and 'peek' is all but useless, from sliding across to the app being displayed there is at least 2 seconds of lag before i can see it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I liked it, but I only kept it for an hour or so.

The one thing that would make it a keeper for me would be if you could lock certain app shortcuts to the lock screen so that they're there all the time regardless of context.

In particular, I like having a camera shortcut on my lockscreen. I know that you could "program" Cover to always show the camera app over time, but that would involve opening the camera app repeatedly to get it up the list, and there should just be an option to pick certain apps that are always there.

It's one to watch definitely, and if they build in what I'm on about, I'd definitely use it. The peek function and quick app switching are really nicely done.
    Turn the phone sideways and you get a camera icon

Turn the phone sideways and you get a camera icon

Did not know that!

Thanks, I'll give it another go then.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

Advertisement