Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best dumb phone?

Options
  • 23-11-2013 2:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭

Spotted this new model (DT99), it has lots of features for a dumb mobile costs 55 gbp, (from chinatown of course) the main USP is the walkie-talkie feature: handy for hiking, watersports or comms for travel abroad.

The only other dumb 'walkie talkie mobile' on 2G network I've seen is a pro-talk at 200notes+ ouch.

the spec:
    CUBOT DT99 Unlocked Outdoor 3-proof (waterproof, dustproof, shockproof) GSM Dual Sim Dual Standby Interphone (Walkie Talkie) Flashlight FM Camera Cellphone Outdoor Sports Mobile Phone etc...

Wondering how bad can it be? As already seen one very poor review so far.

Currently* I will only use dumb phones on 2G and let my pc/mac/ipad/itouch do anything that needs any processing, not interested in playing angrybirds on the bus, nor beaming in the 2.4ghz spectrum (mircowave ovens etc) at high bandwidth anywhere near my janglies

*Samsung 1190/5 - best phone ever: it makes calls and send texts! cost me under 10 bob, so have a couple (for spare batteries etc) Lives off it's juice for circa 30days! and main USP are: it's the 2nd smallest phone I've seen in the shops, FM radio inc, plus is clamshell format so will not ring anyone by itself from pocket or get damaged if dropped.

Comments

Advertisement