Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kids Party: Helium Gas and Balloons - best/ cheapest place to buy please?

Options
  • 22-11-2013 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Would like to have lots of helium balloons at a party. Woodies charge Eur1 per ordinary Balloon.

Does anyone have any cheaper places to get the gas and balloons - ebay perhaps? or local deals?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Plek Trum

I don't think you'll do better than Woodies to be honest. Try maybe local Heatons too, they should have a party store area doing same.
    Helium is available in Argos but poor reviews (claims it does 50 balloons, averages only about 20!)

You can buy helium on ebay but shipping costs negate any savings. Chance your arm with your local woodies or heatons, explain you have lots of balloons (great deals on ebay depending on what you are after) and could they quote for helium and string only. Might get it down to 50c a balloon inflated and tied?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 tinternet

Thanks Plek Trum,

Was really hoping there would have been a party hire place (or somewhere else)
    That might rent out the cylinders full with gas for a (small) fixed price. I wouldn't have minded sourcing my own balloons online.

running out of time though,.....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I've seen helium canisters for sale in larger Tescos

Advertisement