Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can you get a negative after a positive test?

Options
  • 22-11-2013 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭

took first pregnancy test Wednesday night and got a positive. since then i've taken maybe 6 tests, some came out negative some positive. the clear blue says 1_2 Weeks since conception. do you think it,might be just i'm very early and hormones aren't too high. latest one was positive

started to bleed last night, very disappointed

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

You can get false negatives but never false positives. Could just be early to pick it up on some tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

I'd say congrats! Very hard to get a false positive, let alone several. Some are more sensitive than others and your hormone level might be lower when you don't use first morning urine.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Sarah Bear

Congratulations!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭random10

think it was a chemical pregnancy, the egg was fertilised but didn't embed. started to bleed Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Sorry to hear that Random.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

random10 wrote: »
    think it was a chemical pregnancy, the egg was fertilised but didn't embed. started to bleed Sunday

:( Sorry to hear that

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Sarah Bear

So sorry to hear. Xxxx big hugs

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

random10 wrote: »

Sorry to hear that. This happened me very recently and now Im nearly six weeks pregnant. I appreciate how upsetting it is but please don't give up hope x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

This happened me. Got a strong positive test and when I tested a few days later the line had weakened. G.P said it was a chemical pregnancy :(

Advertisement