Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The scam ad thread

Options
  • 22-11-2013 9:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭

I'm seeing more and more so I thought it'd be best to start a new thread.

To begin with, a fairly obvious one

Scam ad is scam

Full-24920213.jpeg

Pics nicked from fleabay!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

He clocked it too...:pac:

Why did he post it in damaged repairables???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Truckermal wrote: »
    He clocked it too...:pac:

Why did he post it in damaged repairables???

Sorry, they put it in cars too. Linky

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Maybe yer man on DD is a lazy cnut and cba takin his own pics :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

dgt wrote: »
    Sorry, they put it in cars too. Linky

Jeez it looks very legit only the price too the low price. Someone will get badly stung.

Jeez it looks very legit only the price too the low price. Someone will get badly stung.

Neil Murphy in one ad, Peter in the other. Not a bright pair....

I hope DD react fast to that one :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

NCT 01' 2016 so not in low tax bracket for a 2008.

Another scam ad

Full-23320403.jpeg

Pictures from here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

So, can someone explain what exactly is happening here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

dgt wrote: »
    Another scam ad

Pictures from here

are you cross referencing the pics somehow?

dharn wrote: »
    So, can someone explain what exactly is happening here

Scammers take pics from another obscure ad and use them in their own ad for whatever purpose. The car above is advertised as a 520d but is actually a 530d in the UK for example
    Interslice wrote: »
    are you cross referencing the pics somehow?

Very easy to do, just have to spot the scam ads first ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

Ya I see that bit, but is this guy selling a car at all, is it a 2007,? Or what is going on

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Basil Fawlty

They advertise the car cheaper than others on the market with the hope they get some fool to turn up with cash thinking hes getting a bargain and then they rob them. Its a lot easier than robbing a bank or a post office and far greater reward. Its a practice thats been happening for about a year, with cars from as low as €800 all the way up.

So remember if it sounds to good to be true it probably is.

This is one of the stories that made the headlines: http://www.herald.ie/news/couple-lured-to-robbery-by-online-scam-29354521.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

They advertise the car cheaper than others on the market with the hope they get some fool to turn up with cash thinking hes getting a bargain and then they rob them. Its a lot easier than robbing a bank or a post office and far greater reward. Its a practice thats been happening for about a year, with cars from as low as €800 all the way up.

So remember if it sounds to good to be true it probably is.

This is one of the stories that made the headlines: http://www.herald.ie/news/couple-lured-to-robbery-by-online-scam-29354521.html

1. Become friends with the Eastern European guy who owns the blacked out X5.
    2. Become friends with a couple of bald, packed Eastern Europeans
    3. Go to a scam ad meet with everyone down in the X5.
    4. ??????
    5. Profit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

Who the flip turns up to a deal with ~12 big ones in cash??

• Registered Users Posts: 23,280 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

BMJD wrote: »
    Who the flip turns up to a deal with ~12 big ones in cash??

Plenty I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Vivienne23

My dad actually rang about that first BMW today, saw it in damaged repairables thought there might have been minor damage that wasn't stated in the ad, the man on the phone had all the talk Dublin accent very respectable, in the trade asked him the company name but said he was a sole trader , no damage , get more trade exposure in that section, just wanted to get rid of it, 7600 he wanted , my dad said he would ring him back in 30 mins , thought there was something just not right about it, tried ringing back to get the reg ...no answer thank god !

Vivienne23 wrote: »
    My dad actually rang about that first BMW today, saw it in damaged repairables thought there might have been minor damage that wasn't stated in the ad, the man on the phone had all the talk Dublin accent very respectable, in the trade asked him the company name but said he was a sole trader , no damage , get more trade exposure in that section, just wanted to get rid of it, 7600 he wanted , my dad said he would ring him back in 30 mins , thought there was something just not right about it, tried ringing back to get the reg ...no answer thank god !

I was only thinking earlier if only one person were to see a scam ad here and not ring, this thread wouldn't be in vain.

This post has made my evening :)

Advertisement