Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Return Policy

Options
  • 22-11-2013 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi just came from argos with a new tv plugged it in and noticed straight away its not full HD. as i am using it as a monitor its quiet annoying. can i take it back to argos and tell them about my situation. will i get a refund.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭TonyStark

fiqa wrote: »
    Hi just came from argos with a new tv plugged it in and noticed straight away its not full HD. as i am using it as a monitor its quiet annoying. can i take it back to argos and tell them about my situation. will i get a refund.

What brand/make is it? Was it purported to be full HD?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

Unless it says its full HD on the box...its tough for you.
    Its up to you to read the spec and make the decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 fiqa

i thought it will say 720p or 1080p but on the box it just says LED and the sony model no. but in the catalog it says HD ready without stating the resolution.

i thought it will say 720p or 1080p but on the box it just says LED and the sony model no. but in the catalog it says HD ready without stating the resolution.

Catalog number?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,546 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Fairly sure the term hd ready denotes it not being full hd.
    My partner had to return a printer before and got on ok. It was opened and used by her as well. She was only looking for store credit though.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Hd Ready means it will support some form of HD, no requirement for this to mean "Full HD" unless stated otherwise on the product. Your own fault for not checking specification before buying.

I don't mind store credits as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

you can still buy non full hd tv's:confused::confused::confused::confused: Jesus some of us are gone to 1440p already. Argos will take it back if its not marked as non returnable in the catalog I assume it will, its not like a pair of earphones or a video game.

• Advertisement

That's why I didn't even realise I had to check it. Sorry dumb question where it is marked as non returnable so I can check it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

That's why I didn't even realise I had to check it. Sorry dumb question where it is marked as non returnable so I can check it

They mark it with a little kinda cross on the name or description. Heres one for reference

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9130184/Trail/searchtext%3EGEARS+OF+WAR.htm

Thanks for that I checked it no cross. I packed everything as it was. I only used it for 10 minutes. I hope I get the refund.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

If there is a problem, then maybe a swop for another telly rather than refund may help you sort this out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭camel jockey

Doylers wrote: »
    you can still buy non full hd tv's:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Of course you can, the same way you can still buy DVD players...

Well I went to argos to return the tv and the girl on the counter refused it and told me they don't exchange any tv. But after explaining her the situation she offered me that I can swap it for another tv and pay the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

That's strange, your model has no cross symbol to say it is exempt from returning

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=9158771&authToken=%252d1002%252c8RvTgzRQUIkiaCQg1wd0wg264Io%253d

This one is exempt alright

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/catalogId/14551/partNumber/9159062.htm

This was happening the other week with ipod/ipad things, one colour was exempt another was ok.

It should be on your receipt too, as you might want a full money refund.

Advertisement