Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making a 3-way call on Irish mobile networks (not supported on O2)

Options
  • 22-11-2013 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

I found out today that O2 does not support making a 3-way call (eg. talking on Call 1, Call 2 comes in which you answer putting Call 1 on hold, then push button to Merge Calls)

This is quite embarrassing as for work my Vodafone UK counterparts regularly use this feature when three people need to talk briefly about something (and more efficient than using a dedicated conference bridge/line).

Is there simply no appetite for this functionality in Ireland? or do other networks support this? I have never used it before (like many friends) but find myself needing to a lot with a new job.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

wile1000 wrote: »
    I found out today that O2 does not support making a 3-way call (eg. talking on Call 1, Call 2 comes in which you answer putting Call 1 on hold, then push button to Merge Calls)

This is quite embarrassing as for work my Vodafone UK counterparts regularly use this feature when three people need to talk briefly about something (and more efficient than using a dedicated conference bridge/line).

Is there simply no appetite for this functionality in Ireland? or do other networks support this? I have never used it before (like many friends) but find myself needing to a lot with a new job.

Thanks.

it works on eMobile FYI

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭wile1000

numorouno wrote: »
    it works on eMobile FYI

Bollocks... literally moved from eMobile (and was a very happy customer) to be on this work (O2) contract. *sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

wile1000 wrote: »
    Bollocks... literally moved from eMobile (and was a very happy customer) to be on this work (O2) contract. *sigh*

works for me anyway

I would have thought that O2 would support this, considering that they focus so much on the business market.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭AP_MAN

Karsini wrote: »
    I would have thought that O2 would support this, considering that they focus so much on the business market.

it's pity that O2 does not support this feature, does any one know other than eMobile network are there any networks support this feature?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 lig

3 way calling and conferencing on most Irish networks doesn't seem to work.Has anyone noticed this.

I am on Eir mobile.Used to be on emobile. Doesn't work.

Liggy

Advertisement