Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade or new bike

Options
  • 21-11-2013 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

I have a 2010 lapierre audacio 400 with shinamo tiara groupset and basic shinamo wheels....
    Shud I now upgrade the wheels nd groupset?
    Or get another bike?
    I have about €1300 euro to spend

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

It depends on what you plan on buying? Presumably something carbon?

Upgrading the wheels can make a big difference but I Wouldn't waste money upgrading the group set as it won't help the bike any and unless you plan taking up racing in a serious way then chances are you possibly won't even notice the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Donie75

Flog your bike and add it to your €1300 budget and buy a nice Canyon or Rose carbon bike with 105 or Ultegra. It's not really worth putting big money into an old frame. Dolan bikes do some good deals too.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭outfox

Donie75 wrote: »
    Flog your bike and add it to your €1300 budget and buy a nice Canyon or Rose carbon bike with 105 or Ultegra. It's not really worth putting big money into an old frame. Dolan bikes do some good deals too.

Agreed (altho not sure about Canyon or Rose). Good timing too - 2013 models will be going cheap soon. Some bike shops may take a trade in.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭slap/dash

Rose make great bikes. It just so happens I've a Xeon rs frame n fork I don't need :)

Advertisement