Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Entitlements

Options
  • 21-11-2013 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hello, i lost my phone yesterday evening.

Thankfully, I have been paying €9 a month for the last 14 months for my phone since it came out (64gb iPhone 5).

What kind of phone should i be entitled to? Will Vodafone just give me a a 64gb iPhone 5 or should i be entitled to the iPhone 5s considering that it is now the top of the range iPhone, like my 64GB iPhone 5 was 14 months ago?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭neilmulvey

JackoF1 wrote: »
    Hello, i lost my phone yesterday evening.

Thankfully, I have been paying €9 a month for the last 14 months for my phone since it came out (64gb iPhone 5).

What kind of phone should i be entitled to? Will Vodafone just give me a a 64gb iPhone 5 or should i be entitled to the iPhone 5s considering that it is now the top of the range iPhone, like my 64GB iPhone 5 was 14 months ago?

AFAIK it would be a replacement of the phone you are claiming unless it is no longer available as that was what you have insured

• Registered Users Posts: 14 JackoF1

Thanks Neil,

I thought i heard before that if you took insurance out on the latest model, then you are entitled to the latest model if you needed to claim on the insurance.

It doesn't seem to make sense paying the same rate (€9) each month if the value of the item is deteriorating as the months go by?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭neilmulvey

But you are insuring your iphone 5, not the 5s. So it is unlikely you are entitled to a newer phone if the one you have can be replaced with a brand new same model.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭madfcuker

So you have lost your phone, and your paying insurance on it, therefore you get a replacement of the same item.

They cannot give you a newer phone unless they have s stock issue.

It's like me stealing your car, you only get the value of that car nothing newer.

Advertisement