Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Teaching

Options
  • 21-11-2013 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Sorry if this is in the wrong section but need a bit of advice here.

I'm 19, I finished school two years ago and was supposed to do a PLC course the following September, I ended up getting a full time job so decided not to go for it.

Recently I've decided to go for it again, so I've a few questions.

Will I be able to apply for a PLC course even though I haven't been in school in two years?

I'm planning on becoming an English teacher, does anyone know how I'd go about doing that? What course to take, which college to go to afterwards etc?

How long the whole process will take?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭_Godot_

Yes, you can apply for a PLC course.

To become an english teacher, you'd probably do Arts (taking english and something else). Most secondary teachers teach two subjects.

An arts degree will be either 3 or 4 years long, then you take the postgraduate course which two years long now (or will be).

Places like UCD, NUI Galway and University of Limerick offer teacher postgraduate courses.

Advertisement