Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with HTC One Mini camera

Options
  • 21-11-2013 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

Got this phone about a month ago and I can only say good things about it. However, since this morning, the camera isn't working. When I open the camera or an app that uses the camera e.g. Snapchat the camera freezes. What I mean is, whatever the phone is pointing at when I open the camera, it freezes on that image. When I move the phone the same image stays on the screen. To change the image, I have to close the camera and then open it again.
    Anyone have any ideas?
    All help greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭The Bogman

Quick update, just realised a few things. Both main and front camera are the same. Also, the camera actually stays frozen on the image it sees when it first opens but if I aim it somewhere else, I can actually take a picture of what it's aimed at. I just can't see what the camera is actually looking at on the screen. Hopefully that makes sense!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Do a backup in case you have to reset the phone. Synch with Google or the HTC app is there is one.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭The Bogman

Thanks for getting back to me. Already have it sorted. Seemingly this was also a fairly common problem with the original HTC One. Just had to go to settings and clear camera data then restart and its working fine now again. Going to do a backup anyway, just in case.

Advertisement