Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

penney's redevelopment ever going ahead

Options
  • 21-11-2013 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭

Any idea if this is ever going ahead after all the work getting planning permission it would be a shame if it wasn't done in the end

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,503 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Did it get the planning permission in the end?

I thought everyone knows who had objected to that at every stage to block it.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭ForstalDave

I believe it was well know in the end, it got permission last year but was put off being started till this year and now seems to have just been forgotten about which is why i was wondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭7foot ginger

I often wondered this. Is debenhams going into it as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Mr.Fred

That site is badly in need of regeneration it's in a state. It could be made it to a town centre of sorts. coffee shops etc.

Hopefully it gets the go ahead it would be nice to see a bit of construction going ahead and creating a couple of jobs aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Real Life

Mr.Fred wrote: »
    That site is badly in need of regeneration it's in a state. It could be made it to a town centre of sorts. coffee shops etc.

Hopefully it gets the go ahead it would be nice to see a bit of construction going ahead and creating a couple of jobs aswell.

True, I always think carlow has so much potential but nothing is being done. This development would be great for the town, i really hope it happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭carlaboi

http://kclr96fm.com/news/delay-on-penneys-site-development-in-carlow-town/

Last thing I could find on the internet, to be open for Christmas 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,503 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Today's Nationalist front page states it will start in six weeks creating 800 jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Jed and Dave

anything happening/going to happen with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Primark aren't going to pay to develop it, so they're leaning on the council to foot the bill, allegedly.

Also, good to see the Nationalist were on the ball last year about it.... Hahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 49 2006K

Any update on this development,the stock in Penneys Carlow is shocking in comparison to Newbridge or Dublin,hope it still goes ahead,I think its something the town could do with..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Jed and Dave

http://kclr96fm.com/extension-granted-planning-application-penneys-site-carlow/

according to this link planning permission extended.

Advertisement