Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youtube no longer playing videos properly on NExus 4

Options
  • 21-11-2013 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭

Hoping someone can help, been scowering the web and can't find a solution. A Youtube update came along 2-3 weeks ago and since then I'm getting a weird bug that stops me from watching youtube properly on my Android Nexus 4.

When playing a video, the video greys out to nearly a background colour, and there is an icon that appears centre screen. It is a rectangle object with what looks like a wifi icon in the bottom left corner. I've tried numerous things suggested online but can't find a resolution.

Has anyone come accross this and more importantly found a way to get rid of it? (If memory serves started when they brought the update with in the inscreen videos)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I have this problem too when I'm connected to anything over Bluetooth. I read on G+ that there's a fix on the way but its taking too long if you ask me.

The problem is caused by an update for chromecast, that watermark should only show on screen when you stream a video to chromecast but its showing all the time instead. I don't even have a chromecast.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

EGriff wrote: »
    I have this problem too when I'm connected to anything over Bluetooth. I read on G+ that there's a fix on the way but its taking too long if you ask me.

The problem is caused by an update for chromecast, that watermark should only show on screen when you stream a video to chromecast but its showing all the time instead. I don't even have a chromecast.

Same, don't own chromecast. This is happening a number of weeks now, pretty frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭dunleas

Same issue, its only a problem when using my Bluetooth headphones, I'm using the FREEdi YT Player app as a work around for the moment.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

i had this, and it corrected it self after an android update, seems to be a youtube update gone wrong, next update should fix it

dunleas wrote: »
    Same issue, its only a problem when using my Bluetooth headphones, I'm using the FREEdi YT Player app as a work around for the moment.

Yeah few people mentioned Bluetooth being enabled etc would cause the problems but no such joy remedying for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

I had this too using bluetooth headset, I either cleared data and started again or uninstalled then redownloaded from the play store to get it back.

Well turned bluetooth on and off a few times and it eventually started working

Bluetooth the culprit, but I had tried this before, I spammed it on and off about 10 times

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭dunleas

Received an update this morning, tested with Bluetooth headphones. This bug is now fixed.

dunleas wrote: »
    Received an update this morning, tested with Bluetooth headphones. This bug is now fixed.

Yup fixed on my end, no longer getting the chromecast connection

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Same here, nice to be able to use the headset and watch youtube again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement