Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Canada from Ireland and we need a good moving company

Options
  • 21-11-2013 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hello,

If anyone has any good tips on moving companies who we can use to move our worldy goods from Ireland to Canada, can you let me know. I think if we had a quarter to half sized container it would be great, if such things are possible. We don't have furniture, but we do have household items, appliances (bulky), art and the likes. Delivery time isn't a factor. We have time.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭fergusb

No help with a moving company, but be aware that if you're bringing appliances, Canada uses 120v as compared to Irelands 240v power. Many appliances might not work over here. Most computer stuff will, and chargers work fine with adapters, but anything requiring higher power will not.

You can purchase a Step-up Transformer, which converts 120v to 240v but this will only work on basic appliances from what I've heard. And they don't seem to be too reliable either!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

almost everywhere you rent comes with appliances. don't bother bringing them

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭ician

COYVB wrote: »
    almost everywhere you rent comes with appliances. don't bother bringing them

unless they are moving to Quebec, where apartments generally come with nothing.

Advertisement