Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

system link hot water problem

Options
  • 20-11-2013 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭

I have a system link 4 zone unit installation for 13 yrs now with no problems at all until now. Each zone has its own pump but lately the HW only gets tepid at best nowhere hot enough for a shower. The boiler is a mynute 32 and is firing up no problem and the other CH zones are grand just no hot water no matter how long we have it turned on for. I wonder could the pump that controls the zone be faulty? Or could it be something to do with the boiler? Anyone have any idea? Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

youtube! wrote: »
    I have a system link 4 zone unit installation for 13 yrs now with no problems at all until now. Each zone has its own pump but lately the HW only gets tepid at best nowhere hot enough for a shower. The boiler is a mynute 32 and is firing up no problem and the other CH zones are grand just no hot water no matter how long we have it turned on for. I wonder could the pump that controls the zone be faulty? Or could it be something to do with the boiler? Anyone have any idea? Many thanks.

The pump is the first thing I would be checking. maybe have someone turn on the hot water zone while your at the pump and see if it starts running

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭youtube!

Yes that's a good idea outkast. Gonna try that. If it is the pump would you have any idea how much applumber would charge to install a new one? Just a ball park figure would do. Thanks for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭MiniGolf

youtube! wrote: »
    Check that the cylinder thermostat, if fitted, is set at 60 degrees. I was at a system last night with same complaint as you and the thermostat was the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭youtube!

Ok the cylinder stat was up at 70 degrees so all ok there I think. Regarding the pump it is heating up but the large copper pipe that feeds the cylinder is hardly warm at all. I can feel it whirring around but its making an awful racket compared to the other circulation pumps on the other zones. Does it seem likely I need a new one ? I remember when it was fitted the plumber told me that because there are no motorised valves on the zones that it would be unlikely I would be changing pumps for a long time, I guess I did well ! Any ideas as to how much its going to cost approximately?

Advertisement