Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Broadband usage/allowance

Options
  • 20-11-2013 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm using Vodafone Performance Plus (mobile broadband), bill pay, 15GB for €24.99/month.
    Is it only with Vodafone that you never know how much is left in your data usage/allowance for the month? I mean, when you go to your account, you can never get your accurate usage, so you never know how much is left to use without going above your monthly plan and paying a lot of money!
    In the past months, when I reached my allowance, they cut my internet, and they told me that when I want to continue using internet for the month, I HAVE to give them a ring and ask them to activate my broadband (and pay the out of bundle costs). However, in the last 2months, although I told the customer service that I'm ok not to have internet until my next monthly plan starts, they kept broadband active for me (without giving me any notice), and since I didn't know I went over my allowance, I ended up with a €70 bill. If I'm going to pay such bills, I'd rather sign up with eircom and have double or unlimited broadband!!! :mad:

I don't understand how data usage isn't accurate or updated at least every day. Is this a strategy to have people pay more? since they can't see how many MB they are using?

Is there any network provider that gives accurate data usage online, on Bill pay? Or is it better to switch to prepay and have total control on costs? :confused:

I don't know what to do anymore...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

Lehmann wrote: »
    Hi,

Is it only with Vodafone that you never know how much is left in your data usage/allowance for the month?
    [snip]

and since I didn't know I went over my allowance, I ended up with a €70 bill. If I'm going to pay such bills, I'd rather sign up with eircom and have double or unlimited broadband!!! :mad:

I don't understand how data usage isn't accurate or updated at least every day. Is this a strategy to have people pay more? since they can't see how many MB they are using?

Welcome to mobile "broadband" and yes they all do this. You have to read the T&C's very carefully. There's simply no incentive for the telcos to change this behaviour...would you if you knew you could overcharge people every month?
    Comreg don't give a crap because they are basically "in on it" too.
    Also these tiny caps are the only way mobile telcos have of controlling contention...

If you actually use broadband (like as broadband) you'd be far better off with a proper provider : cable/DSL/fixed wireless

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Lehmann

Yep, a good trick to have customers pay more.. :(
    I'll either go for cable/DSL or a better value mobile broadband monthly plan.

Advertisement