Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

brand new quad processor handspree tablet slow?

Options
  • 20-11-2013 6:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Did what I thought was a good bit of research on tablets before buying a 10"1 hand spree tablet with quad processor from DID electrical yesterday. I am not one bit impressed with it and only have it 24 hours. Its slow. Quiet slow, I mean for a device with a quad processor, its stupidly slow when multitasking. I was in another electrical store today and was looking at other android tablets with the same 4.1 jelly bean system but with only dual processors and they are lightening responsive in comparison. I am not sure if there is a fault per say with the device or if its just badly manfactured, that being said hand spree as far as I know are a fairly reputable German manufacturer. I rang DID today to inquire about getting a RAM upgrade but unfortunately the device won't support currently with 1GB RAM installed.

Anyway, thoughts? Has anyone else this same device? Experiencing any issues? I don't thinkunfortunately iI will be entitled to a refund or exchange unless I can improve the device is faulty.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

noeleoreid wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Did what I thought was a good bit of research on tablets before buying a 10"1 hand spree tablet with quad processor from DID electrical yesterday. I am not one bit impressed with it and only have it 24 hours. Its slow. Quiet slow, I mean for a device with a quad processor, its stupidly slow when multitasking. I was in another electrical store today and was looking at other android tablets with the same 4.1 jelly bean system but with only dual processors and they are lightening responsive in comparison. I am not sure if there is a fault per say with the device or if its just badly manfactured, that being said hand spree as far as I know are a fairly reputable German manufacturer. I rang DID today to inquire about getting a RAM upgrade but unfortunately the device won't support currently with 1GB RAM installed.

Anyway, thoughts? Has anyone else this same device? Experiencing any issues? I don't thinkunfortunately iI will be entitled to a refund or exchange unless I can improve the device is faulty.

Any link to the tablet or a model number so i can see the spec?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭noeleoreid

projectgtr wrote: »
    Any link to the tablet or a model number so i can see the spec?

Apologies for late reply,

Store took it back and I exchanged it for another model but for your interest, this was the device: http://www.did.ie/hannspree-hannspad-10-1-quad-core-tablet-sn1at71-prd

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭rok

noeleoreid wrote: »
    Store took it back and I exchanged it for another model

did you just swap it for another hannspree-hannspad-10-1-quad-core-tablet ?
    or did you go for an entirely different brand?

Advertisement