Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to add a second email account to gmail

Options
  • 20-11-2013 5:55pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Guys does anyone know if it’s possible to use the gmail app to check email from a normal email account?? I have a work email that is a simple exchange email account. I would like to have access to it via the gamil app. Can you do this?

If not, what other email apps are any good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I use the stock email app for work emails and is okay (exchange).

Not sure if you can do that in gmail though!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Zascar wrote: »
    Guys does anyone know if it’s possible to use the gmail app to check email from a normal email account?? I have a work email that is a simple exchange email account. I would like to have access to it via the gamil app. Can you do this?

If not, what other email apps are any good?

You can set Gmail up to download email from other email addresses. I think you'd have to do it through a browser, I've never done it through the app. I have 5 email addresses coming through one Gmail address.

(It's in Settings>Accounts in Gmail).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

You can set Gmail up to download email from other email addresses. I think you'd have to do it through a browser, I've never done it through the app. I have 5 email addresses coming through one Gmail address.

(It's in Settings>Accounts in Gmail).
    That's it, I do it too but it only checks for new email every hour but you can force refresh it every 5 minutes. Emails appear in the app as normal except you are advised during the setup to give it a label.

Accounts need to be IMAP or POP3 so you can't add an Exchange account. The stock Email app works great for Exchange accounts.

Advertisement