Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello All, This is just a friendly reminder to read the Forum Charter where you wish to post before posting in it. :)

Creating Geo Clusters

• 20-11-2013 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭ Hannibal6.0

Wondering if anyone knows if its possible to get Google earth to create a view in which you can identify clusters of coordinates within a certain radius.

I receive data about 4 different events, each report I receive contains geo coordinates. I need to identify when a cluster of 3 or more incidents take place withing a 2 mile radius. At the moment the number of reports is low so I have just been copying it into Google Earth/Batchgeo and zooming in on each of the areas where I think there is a cluster.

However I am expecting my reports to start increasing dramatically so I am trying to scope out the easiest method of identify these clusters. The reports I receive come in a csv and json format, but I have been using converters to get them into KML files

This is a 'nice to have' request now but if it was also possible to find a way to export the data behind only the cluster. That way I can remove them from future reports.

Advertisement