Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 Freedom Internet Package (FUP reduced from January 2014)

Options
  • 20-11-2013 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭

I didn't see it widely advertised and mentioned, so I thought that I would mention it here, in order to help some people, should they move network (as I nearly did).

Currently, O2 is flogging their 'Freedom Internet' package with 'unlimited' internet and 350 texts, for €10 of your €20 top-up.
    This has a fair usage policy of 7.5GB.

After January 6th of next year, this will be reduced to 1GB. This was confirmed to me via staff on the O2 chat system today.

TL;DR: O2 Internet Freedom

Now - January 5th 2014: 7.5GB data allowance
    January 6th 2014 - onwards: 1GB allowance.

(PS. I am a Three customer, since nearly day one, but the signal is bad on my phone. O2 have good signal, but an inferior offer.
    I thought about moving to O2 and enjoying this 'OK' offer until the takeover is complete and we're bumped up to the 15GB allowance from new buyer.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

Does this only affect pay as you go? I'm on a business plan with a 7.5gb data addon - surely this would require notification about a change to my contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Yes, it appears to only affect PAYG accounts, but looking at the T&Cs on your plan should give you an indication of what the story is. You may not see a value, but you may see a promotional offer message.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

It will remain as 7.5gb continuously as long as you do not change your price plan after January 6th.

I've had it confirmed in four different stores and friend who work there.

Advertisement